- Category: General Info
- Tuesday, 14 October 2014 10:42
- Lintang Buana
By using our services, you as guests have already help implementing more Responsible Tourism.
Lintang Buana Tourism Company as a locally owned and managed company is committed to Responsible Tourism which took similar form as The 2002 Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism in Destination.
We are always travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, local culture, local economies and the environment. With your participation we can help conserve the areas we visit and bring positive benefits to local communities.
Lintang Buana Tourism Services is committed to a style of travel that is environmentally, culturally and socially responsible - we call this 'Responsible Travel'. It is implemented on our trips through the following features:
- Travel using local public transport or chartered from locally owned small company where possible. Our transport fleet is so efficient and so minimises pollution which effect to global warming.
- We always preferred to choose small-scale locally owned accommodation and homestays where available and local restaurants and markets for dining, retaining revenue in local communities.
- Our Tour Guides facilitate communication of our values to travellers and local communities, educating them in sustainable tourism practices.
- We employ local guides to aid travellers' understanding of local culture and etiquette in certain tourist sites.
- We are committed to putting back into the communities and regions we visit by supporting many aid, development and conservation projects in these areas. Much of this support is through our Lintang Buana Foundation which have objective to improve local people education in tourism. The real example of such aid is that we provide tourism high school scholarships for the potential students with low economy background.
Lintang Buana Sustainable Development Policy
We at Lintang Buana recognise that the tourism industry impacts local communities and the environment therefore, as a tour operator, we must manage the impacts we create in the way we operate our business.
We are aware that the health of our environment, the wellbeing of our people, the contribution to wealth of local economies and the way Lintang Buana does business overall are areas that are intrinsically linked to the success and longevity of our business. Therefore Lintang Buana is committed to tackling the issues we face in each of these areas and will work toward sustainable operations by including environmental, social, economic and ethical considerations in our business practices and in our decision making processes.
We aim to manage our impacts in the following way:
- To ensure we are working toward protecting the environment both locally and globally by using resources in an efficient, fair and responsible way.
- To have our trips designed in a way that limits the physical impact on our planet and the places we visit so that they may be enjoyed by many generations to come.
- To protect human rights within our sphere of influence and ensure that all our people including our staff, travellers, suppliers and local communities as well as other stakeholders who are impacted by our business, are treated with fairness and respect.
- To work with our stakeholders to tackle issues that act as barriers to responsible practices in order to promote equity across our global community and protect our most vulnerable societies.
- To ensure our wealth is distributed in a way that is beneficial to our staff, host communities, suppliers, shareholders and other key stakeholders while achieving sustainable growth of Lintang Buana and our associated companies.
Governance & Ethical Responsibility:
- To live out our core values, achieve our purpose and work toward our long term vision by being accountable for the impacts that we have on our planet.
- To have effective systems and good governance in place to help us understand and manage our impacts on society and the environment.
- To work against corruption in all its forms.
We aim to implement this policy by engaging and supporting our staff, shareholders, suppliers, contractors, passengers, business partners and host communities in fulfilling our environmental, social, economic and ethical responsibilities.
And we do hope that you as our guests also appreciate above matters.